Pixel Personnel are a Recruitment Agency specialising in providing Social Workers on a temporary and permanent basis to Local Authorities, NHS trusts, charities and other private organisations throughout the UK. We are assisting our client in Milton Keynes in recruiting for a locum Social Worker to join their Fostering service.
A locum Social Worker is for an immediate start on a full time basis for an initial 3 month contract based on 37 hours per week based in Milton Keynes with a possibility to extend beyond this. Excellent rates on offer up to £38 per hour (Umbrella) Hybrid working on offer.
Social Worker responsibilities:
- To ensure assessments are carried out effectively, speaking to/observing the child/young person, and within timescales so that their care needs are clearly identified and recorded. To ensure accurate individual case records are maintained electronically for children/young people.
- To devise, implements and monitors childcare plans and interventions appropriate for each child/family to address identified needs through regular reviews in line with statutory timescales and legislation. All duties carried out are in line with the 1989 Children Act. To work alongside other agencies and family services to provide a comprehensive range of child support services and solutions.
- Responsible for managing a childcare workload which involves supporting children within their families or in care settings, taking timely action to protect children and working with other services to ensure their needs are met across all 5 Every Child Matters outcomes.
- To work closely with other agencies and services in a co-operative way, sharing information and planning care together to meet the needs of the child/young person holistically.
- Represent the Local Authority in public and private law proceedings which will involve oral evidence being given in Court, writing Court statements, care plans and complying with the directions as set out in Court Orders.
Social Worker requirements:
- Social Work Qualification
- Current Registration with Social Work England
- Previous experience of working in a Fostering Service as a Qualified Social Worker
Benefits of working with Pixel for your next Social Work Job:
- Your own dedicated & experienced Social Work Consultant
- Social Workers actively placed via Pixel Personnel are entitled to on-going e-learning/CPD training opportunities
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme – Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, offering quick weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or any other Social Work roles contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at Mark@pixelpersonnel.co.uk
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme