Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced interim Programme Manager for our clients Children's services based in Haringey, London. Excellent rates on offer at £592.41 (LTD) per day. This is a full time role based on 37 hours per week & is outside IR35. An initial contract is on offer until December 2023 with the possibility to extend beyond this.
The post holder will take senior level responsibility for system wide development and delivery of multiple Children’s Services programmes and undertake an operational management role as well as providing ad hoc resource when required. Within a relatively small team the post holder will be expected to demonstrate a large degree of flexibility around roles and to support colleagues whenever required.
- To work with all system partners to deliver effective change for the benefit of our children, young people and their families and to support the complex transformation agenda across the service
- To facilitate transformation and system service improvement through the application of high levels of specialist knowledge around the children and young people’s agenda
- To be responsible for identifying, defining and delivering programmes of work to cost and time and within a sometimes-complex system governance structure
- To take responsibility for operational management of services and to address systemic ad hoc needs as required
- To ensure that the importance of the children and young people’s agenda is recognised at all levels and to be a champion for the needs and aspirations of our young people and their families
- To be a representative of both the service and the wider partnership systems as required and to act to remove obstacles to effective integrated working
Programme Manager Children's Services Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Children Services, specifically relating to Early Help & SEND.
- Must be able to use initiative to decide relevant actions and make recommendations to Sponsor/ Manager, with the aim of improving deliverables and compliance to policies
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of strategies that are informed by all relevant stakeholders including children and young people.
- Ability to make decisions autonomously, when required, on difficult issues, working to tight and often changing timescales
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Knowledge of project principles techniques and tools such risk management, project life cycle and quality controls.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Takes decisions on difficult and contentious issues where there may be a number of courses of action.
- Strategic thinking – ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Valid Right to work in the UK
- Valid professional registration
Benefits of working with Pixel Personnel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme – Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at Mark@pixelpersonnel.co.uk
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme