Pixel Personnel are a Recruitment Agency specialising in providing Social Workers on a temporary and permanent basis to Local Authorities, NHS trusts, charities and other private organisations throughout the UK. We are assisting our client in Woolwich in recruiting for a locum Development Lead to join their Childrens & Young Peoples service.
An opportunity has arisen in our clients children's services for a Development Lead. The role is requires someone for an immediate start and a full time basis for an initial 3 month contract based on 35 hours per week based in Woolwich with a possibility to extend beyond this. Excellent rates on offer between £250-£400 per day(Umbrella) depending on experience. Hybrid working on offer.
The successful candidate will be responsible to Head of Partnerships, Policy, Research and Planning for:
- The development of the Children and Young People’s Partnership Plan
- To lead the effective development of the Children and Young People’s Partnership Plan, where success has substantial implications for the Council.
- To be accountable for the successful development and delivery of the project to agreed time, cost and qualit
- Lead the development of the Children’ and Young People’s Plan, including a consultation plan to engage key stakeholders in the process.
- Provide regular highlight reports on progress to the Children and Young People’s Partnership Board.
- To lead a project team in the development and delivery of corporate projects to ensure that critical success criteria are achieved.
- To successfully engage with colleagues across Service Directorates, Members and with other Stakeholders to ensure they are fully informed throughout the development and delivery process.
- To ensure that appropriate project management processes are in place.
- To ensure that any procurement is managed and delivered in accordance with CSOs, the Public Procurement Regulations and ensuring that all projects embrace current best practice.
- Ensure at all times that work undertaken actively promotes the Councils Equal Opportunities, Customer Care and Environment policies in relation to service delivery and personnel practice as defined in the Staff Handbook and are in accordance with the Equalities Act.
- In carrying out the duties of the post have due regard to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Legislation and Council Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for providing mentoring opportunities to junior staff (e.g. graduates, apprentices etc.)
- To undertake supervision/management of staff as and when required.
Development Lead requirements:
- Social Work Qualification
- Current Registration with Social Work England
- Current and valid Right to work in the UK
- Previous experience of leading a project which has involved meaningful engagement of a range of stakeholders including children and young people.
Benefits of working with Pixel for your next Social Work Job:
- Your own dedicated & experienced Social Work Consultant
- Social Workers actively placed via Pixel Personnel are entitled to on-going e-learning/CPD training opportunities
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme – Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, offering quick weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or any other Social Work roles contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at Mark@pixelpersonnel.co.uk
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme