Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Associate Educational Psychologist for our client SEND service based in Northamptonshire. The Educational Psychologist will be providing statutory assessments to support the work of the core Educational Psychology Service and any follow-up work arising from these such as EP input to SEND Tribunals. Excellent rates on offer up to £650 per assessment (LTD). The number of assessments to be completed per week will be discussed on an individual basis with each candidate. This role is outside IR35 and offers an initial 3 month contract with the possibility to extend beyond this. This role is working from home with assessments ideally done face to face however our client will consider remote working.
- To be responsible to the area’s Senior Educational Psychologist for the delivery of allocated EHC Assessments and any arising SEND Tribunal Work.
- To provide timely Psychological Advices and liaise proactively with Educational Psychology Service administrative support.
- To work within the quality standards guidelines set for the service.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with children and young people, parents/carers, schools, EHC Team and other agencies
- Ensure professional liaison with other agencies in the area.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the Council.
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs, including with regard to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children as described by Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP).
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description.
The Associate Educational Psychologist will be accountable to a Senior Educational Psychologist for maintaining a high professional standard in the delivery of all aspects of their work. Within this accountability the Educational Psychologist will make their own professional decisions based on evidence, knowledge of relevant research and with reference to guidance set by Local Authority policies & HCPC registration.
Associate Educational Psychologist Requirements:
- An in-depth knowledge of the statutory framework which guides the work of educational psychologists.
- Experience of working with professionals from other agencies.
- The ability to contribute to the shared tasks of multi-professional working.
- Demonstrable evidence of a commitment to maximise educational achievement.
- Demonstrable evidence of a commitment to inclusion.
- Demonstrable ability to work with parents as partners.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- An ability to travel to different locations.
- An ability to prioritise and manage workloads.
- At least two years qualified classroom teaching experience
- A first degree in psychology or an equivalent qualification recognised by the BPS as conferring the Graduate Basis for Membership
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- HCPC current registration
Benefits of working with Pixel Personnel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme – Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at Mark@pixelpersonnel.co.uk
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme