Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Social Worker to join a Social Welfare Organisation Charity based in Pontypridd. This is a 12 month Fixed term contract for a full time Assistant Social Worker based on 37.5 hours per week. Excellent salary on offer at £27,107 per annum.
Our client is a Social Welfare Organisation Charity that support to those effected and their families. Their focus is on providing for their end users most in need through our personal welfare service, helping people with practical and emotional support, benefits advice, advice about coping with ill-health and immobility and providing access to financial support.
Our client are looking for an Assistant Social Worker based in their office in Pontypridd. The Assistant Social Worker will be required to provide a high quality, community based, advice and support services for former miners and their dependents who may be experiencing health issues, disability, financial or emotional issues. Working in former mining communities, the service is delivered predominantly on an individual basis within client’s homes but may also include group work within community venues.
Assistant Social Worker responsibilities:
- To carry out high quality assessments of service users’/carers’ needs in accordance with client policies and procedures.
- To provide a range of interventions in response to the assessed needs of the client including welfare benefits advice, advocacy, emotional support and practical advice.
- To gather, analyse and record information in relation to service user assessment.
- To liaise with a variety of agencies to establish a range of networks of help, to address need.
- To utilise basic counselling skills and an appropriate professional supportive response to individual distress.
- To have a good working knowledge of welfare benefits, and associated legislation, to assist in income maximisation work with individuals.
- To ensure that referrals are actioned in accordance with client policies and that
priorities are effectively met for assessment and intervention.
- To utilise the organisation database to accurately record work undertaken and to enable analysis.
- To provide accurate written information and comprehensive reports, for internal and external communication in line with GDPR guidelines.
- To promote a positive approach towards our client, to service users and other professional agencies/partner organisations in facilitating shared working initiatives.
- To function in an efficient and flexible manner through effective team working, which involves offering support, co-operation and feedback to / from colleagues.
- To attend and participate in internal meetings.
- To take responsibility for learning and professional development, utilising the supervision policy, within a framework of changing organisational needs and requirements.
- To participate in local and national training and development opportunities, in co-
operation with colleagues.
- To initiate and participate in changing work practices, as agreed, to ensure effective co-ordination of services and communications
- To undertake any other duties as are deemed appropriate and necessary to the post and delivery of the service.
Additional Information/ Benefits
- Office based role with visits being undertaken face to face
- Salary on offer at £27,107 Per Annum.
- Room for career progression, candidate will have support from more senior members of staff and receive relevant training to progress
- Pension scheme provided
- Healthcare scheme provided
Assistant Social Worker Essential Requirements:
- Experience of working in a social work/social care environment
- Experience of providing welfare benefits advice
- Experience of undertaking professional assessments, planning and providing interventions for service users
- Experience of working with older people and / or those with disabilities in a community setting
- Experience of working collaboratively with other agencies and professionals.
- Excellent knowledge of social care legislation and welfare benefits
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Driving licence with own transport
- Good IT skills – experience of using databases and Microsoft packages
- Good organisational skills
- Good standard of education to GCSE – Minimum of Grade C in Maths and English
- Ability to prepare reports for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to empathise with service users
Assistant Social Worker Desirable requirements:
- Experience of Welfare Benefit Appeals
- Knowledge of issues facing former mining communities
- Experience of working in the charity sector
If you would like to find out more information about this role, feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 01920 898 704 or email your CV to us at Mark@pixelpersonnel.co.uk